When is The Right Time to Monetize Your Blog?
11 December 2011 Posted By Guru
A very common question that every blogger ask is “When is the right time to monetize blog”. When I started blogging I used to think of when I should go for monetizing my blog though I already had an AdSense account. This is a kind of question which is really difficult to answer perfectly and I am pretty sure none of the answers would be accepted 100% by all.
Some would say do not run after money and concentrate on content of your blog, some would say go immediately with monetizing your blog etc. But here I would like to say that Go immediately if you have an AdSense account. I know most of the people may not agree to my answer but really I would strongly say that you can monetize your blog from the very first day if and only if you have an AdSense account. But at the same time I would suggest you not to try monetizing your blog at the beginning with affiliate products or any other advertising media if you do not have AdSense account.
There is no reason to wait if you have AdSense account
Why should you wait to monetize your blog until getting a big audience? As already I have said if you have AdSense account go immediately. There are several reasons why I am saying this:
1. There is no cut-off line for number of visitors: Some people say wait until you reach 500-1000 visitors per day to monetize your blog. But why should you wait if you already have an AdSense account. From my personal experience I am saying it. It is really worth giving a try to AdSense even if you are at starting phase, you can get some clicks depending on the niche of your blog.
2. Chance to learn the market: The earlier you start the earlier you get the chance to learn the advertising market. The more you learn about the market the better it is for future. At the early stage itself you would be able to learn how the visitors respond to what kind of advertising.
3. It does not give a surprise to your regular visitors: Your blog does not have advertisement for long time; you have now reached a visit of 2000 visits per day. Now you have decided to monetize your blog and you put some ads on your blog. There might be some visitors who regularly visit your blog and it may surprise them if you put ads suddenly and they may not be used to that type of view of your blog and it may result in losing your regular visitors. So it is better to show advertisement from the beginning of the blog rather than giving a surprise to your visitors.
So I would you to monetize as early as possible with AdSense. Below are some tips if you are newly monetizing your blog.
Tips for Monetizing Your Blog
1. If for the first time you are monetizing your blog try with AdSense text ads (CPC) rather than image ads (CPM) text ads get more clicks.
2. As there would be less number of visitors so you may get 0 clicks per day to 3-4 clicks per day. So do not get frustrated with the income. Have patience and wait and concentrate on your content.
3. Try to improve the layout of your blog and make a cleaner layout. This creates a better impression on your visitors.
So what are you waiting for, start monetizing as early as possible and gain more experience in advertising media.