10 Tips For Safe Online Shopping – Awareness
Craziness for online shopping has increased a lot among all of us these days. But shopping safely online can be a big challenge these days. Most of us look for better deal online and end up with a lesser known site which claims to give huge discount. But these sites may be a scam and they will take away your money without giving you anything. So here are some basic tips for safe online shopping that may help you for a better and safer online shopping experience.
10 Tips For Safe Online Shopping
- Always use reputed and well established online retailers. Never use an unknown or lesser know retailer in order to get better deal.
- Go directly to the seller’s site rather than clicking on a coupon or discount link that you got from an unknown source.
- When ever possible use your credit card for shopping than using a debit card.
- Never enter your card information on a page that is not secured, that is check whether the site protocol is https or not.
- Protect your PC from viruses by using a good antivirus program and update the program regularly.
- Do not use a shared computer for online shopping such as internet cafe.
- Never share your social identity or any security numbers, date of birth etc with any online retailers.
- Do check retailer’s refund, shipping, exchange policies before finalizing payment.
- Last but not the least: Do check your bank statements on regular basis and if you find any mismatch report the same to your bank immediately.
I hope these safety tips will help you a lot and bring you the peace of mind while you shop online.