5 Ways to Make Your WordPress Blog Stand Out
Having a WordPress blog is a great way to get your name out there. WordPress is one of the most widely used blogging platforms in the world. That means you have a vast audience right there at your fingertips. Millions of blogger will have you on their readers, can easily follow your posts or blog, and can like your posts with the click of a mouse. But with all those people come a huge deluge of blogs to distract. How can you make your WordPress blog stand out from the masses? Well, here are five ways to do just that:
- Use Images – Using images is one of the fastest and easiest ways to get more readers to your blog. Images help your post to stand out and also grab reader’s attention far faster than any text you could write. A great image can pull people in you would have otherwise missed completely. Make your photos cool, weird, colorful, or cute and you will grow your audience within seconds of posting.
- Keep it Short – Short blog posts are the best. People do not want to read a long paragraph of words. They want to get something the can skim across in seconds and then go deeper if they need to.
- Use Numbered Lists – People like to know exactly how long your post is going to be. If you give them a number to start with they are more likely to read it. They also like to read lists because it is easy to skim and see if the points are applicable to them. Much better than a long run-on paragraph of indecipherable ramblings.
- Choose Your Theme – Making your blog stick out means more than just content. You need to make it look attractive to readers. If you pick a theme that is hard to read – say a busy background that hides your pictures- then you won’t have as much success. Make your theme fit your content as well. No one is going to take a tech blog seriously if it has flowers all over it.
- Tag Well- Make your tags count. WordPress penalizes people who use too many tags, so it’s a good idea to keep it under ten tags per post. That means you will have to make your tags count. Find out what the most popular tags are by visiting the reader topics and choose from those when tagging your posts. Keep it simple and accurate and you will get more readers.
Having a successful WordPress blog is about more than content. Yes, you need good content to keep people reading, but you also need to get readers in to your blog in the first place. Try these five tips to get your foot in the door and remember to have fun. That is what you are blogging for in the first place, right?
Guest Author Bio:
This Guest post is by Christine Kane from internet service providers, she is a graduate of Communication and Journalism. She enjoys writing about a wide-variety of subjects for different blogs. She can be reached via email at: [email protected]