Create Facebook Application For WordPress Blog
Time has gone when everybody used to think Facebook is meant for friends and family. Now it has been widely used by the business to promote, increase sales and building customer relationships. There are tons of applications available on Facebook which helps in promoting your business. In other words these Facebook applications spread your business virally. So having a Facebook application for your self-hosted WordPress based can bring you more traffic and will help a lot in creating a brand name in the web world. So here we are going to discuss how to create a Facebook application for your WordPress blog.
How To Create Facebook Application For WordPress Blog
Creating the Facebook application for your blog is not so difficult task; you just have to install a simple plugin called WPBook and your blog can be published as a Facebook application. WPBook enables you to add your WordPress blog as a Facebook application. Facebook users can see your posts in a similar look and feel as of Facebook and can leave comments with their user identity.
How To Use WPBook To Create Facebook Application
The first thing you need to ensure that your domain/blog can be accessed via https protocol otherwise this plugin will not work as per Facebook policy. If you have https enabled for your blog then follow the below process to Create Facebook Application For WordPress Blog.
1. First of all create a Facebook application and obtain the secret and API key. For creating the new Facebook application you can visit the Facebook developer portal.
2. Install the WPBook plugin on your WordPress blog. You can download WPBook from here. (For more information on installing WordPress plugin you can check out my post: “How to Install WordPress Plugin”)
3. After successful installation activate the plugin and then navigate to Settings-> WPBook and fill out the appropriate information and provide your Facebook API and secret key.
Now you have successfully created a Facebook application for your WordPress blog. You can invite your friends to access the application and give some comments. You can also customize the look and feel of this application by modifying the theme CSS. To get more information on this topic you can visit the official documentation site.
Some Features of WPBook
- Users can see the posts with the Facebook look and feel. (Can be customized also)
- Comments are shared – Means comments made by users on a post on your blog can be viewed by Facebook users and vice versa.
- It can also posts notification to the wall automatically if configured to do so.
- It can also import the comments made on your wall.
There are lots of other features included with this plugin. I hope you enjoyed the post and would consider to Create Facebook Application For WordPress Blog.
Important Update: To use this plugin, it requires ability to access your blog via https/SSL protocol, as Facebook has stopped non https based app access.