Test Website Loading Time With These Free Webtools
Website loading time is a big factor in SEO and search engine ranking, specially for Google. If your website load time is very high then you will be penalized by Google. Even website load time carries equal importance in good user experience. In order to make our website more appealing and rich in design we end up in making it load slow.Unfortunately, website visitors tend to care more about speed than all the bells and whistles we want to add to our websites. Here are some interesting stats related to website page speed:
- More than 70% of mobile internet users say, they have encountered a website that was too slow to load.
- More than 50% of mobile internet users say, they have encountered a website that crashed, froze, or received an error.
- More than 35% of mobile internet users say, they have encountered a website that wasn’t available.
- More than 45% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less.
- About 40% of people abandon a website that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
- A 1 second delay in page response can result in a 10% reduction in conversions.
- If an e-commerce site makes $100,000 per day, a 1 second page delay could potentially cost it $2.5 million in loss per annum.
Here I have some articles which may help you to improve WordPress performance:
- Must Use WordPress Plugins To Improve Performance
- How To Host Images on Sub Domain To Improve Page Loading
Apart from everything else you should always be checking your website page loading performance. Here are some online tools that you can use to test your page loading performance.
Free Online / Web Tools For Page Load Test
Google PageSpeed is an online tool that you can use to test your page loading for free of cost. This tool gives you complete report of page loading test including any tips for improving load time. The tool provides element level performance report.
I would recommend this free online tool as it analyses your Webpage and recommends necessary changes to improve page loading. Below is a screenshot of the test carried out for Jafaloo.com. This tool perform the test for both YSlow and Google PageSpeed and bring the result at a single place. This site allows you to download a PDF version of the report.
There is a GTMetrix WordPress plugin available which can show the page loading of your blog right on your WordPress dashboard.
This is another tool which checks you page loading time and gives you a complete overview of the performance of your website. In the result you can see which elements are taking more time to load even you can sort the result based on page loading time for each elements. The best part of this tool is that you can sign up for free and the system will monitor the performance of your website periodically and can inform you via SMS, Email or Twitter.
These are the great online tools that helps you in improving the performance of your website. I would say try to improve the page loading of your website and if possible try to keep the load time within 2 seconds.