Free Real Time Website Monitoring with SMS and Email Alerts
Real time monitoring of your website is very important as it involves business and money. There are tons of website monitoring services available in the market but it may not be possible for everyone to afford such a service. So here we have a simple solution using Google Docs which will monitor your website in real time and alerts you via SMS and email for free of cost. (Thanks to Digital Inspiration for providing the solution)
So what are the features of this free website monitoring solution?
- Track downtime/uptime of multiple websites in oneshot.
- Get realtime email alerts
- Get realtime email alerts if website is down
- The whole solution is free of cost, even the sms is free.
How to Monitor website in realtime with SMS and Email Alerts
Pre Installation Requirement:
As Google Docs is used to monitor website/blog, hence you need to have a Google Docs account. Don’t worry its free and you can use your existing Google account. Make sure that you have updated your working cell phone number in the Google account,(For getting SMS).
1. First create a personal copy of this Google Docs spreadsheet in your Google Docs account.
2. Enter all your websites in column B of the spreadsheet separating each website by comma.
3. Enter your email address and make SMS Notification as Yes and save it.
4. Now you can see Website Monitor menu in the toolbar, click it and when you can see 2 sub-menu select initialize and then select Start Monitoring.
That’s all. Now close the sheet and it will monitor your website in the background. Whenever your website is down you will get an SMS immediately. You can also open the sheet to check the logs.