How to Auto Forward Your Gmail Email to Other Email Accounts
Gmail the most popular and free Email service from Google is widely used all over the world. But still there are other email services which are equally popular like Yahoo mail, Hotmail etc. Some people may like the interface of Gmail, Some may like the interface of Yahoo mail or Hotmail. So how do you manage to read all your email from Gmail when you switch to Yahoo mail or Hotmail?
Fortunately Gmail provides the feature to auto forward your email to any desired email address. If you want all of your incoming email to Gmail can be forwarded or you can apply filter to forward some of the emails to one account and other group of emails to other email account. So let’s see how to forward those mails.
Forwarding Gmail Email to other Email address
Follow these steps to forward Your Gmail incoming emails to any other email address automatically.
1. Login to your Gmail account and then click on the gear icon on the right top corner.
2. Now select “Mail settings” from the menu that pops up.
3. Now click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab to set your desired email address.
4. Click on the “Add Forwarding address” button to add the email address where you want to forward your email.
5. After successfully adding the email address a confirmation email will be sent by Gmail to the email address you have mentioned with a confirmation code and a link.
6. Login to your forwarding email account and copy the confirmation code and click on the confirmation link. (Make sure that you click on the confirmation link without which emails will not be forwarded to this email address)
7. Now paste the confirmation code and click on the Verify button then your email is added as a forwarding email address.
8. Now select the “Forward a copy of incoming mail to” radio button to enable email forwarding. Make sure to select “keep Gmail’s copy in inbox” from the dropdown menu. This will make sure that the copy of your email is kept secure in your Gmail inbox.
Note: Alternately you can also apply a filter to forward only desire emails to different email address. You can do so by clicking on the “creating a filter” link. Here you can create filter based on from address, email subject or any other keywords.
9. After configuring your settings make sure to click on the Save changes button at the bottom of the page.
That’s all now your Gmail email will be forwarded to the desired email account while keeping a copy of the same email in your Gmail inbox.