How to Fix sku011.cab problem for your MS Office
It happens to most of the Windows users when you try to open MS Excel or any other MS Office application and you get an error message “Installation Error: File not found” mostly skuo11.cab file not found. If you are facing this problem you will not be able to run any of the MS Office applications. Today the same thing happened with me also. But I was completely surprised that nothing wrong happened to my system and how come this issue. Any how I was able to fix this problem with some steps. So sharing this solution with you all.
Sku011.cab Error Fix
Although the problem says that sku011.cab file not found and asks for the original installation source, this is not the real cause for the problem. The root cause of the problem is inside the Windows Registry. So lets see how to fix sku011.cab problem step by step.
1. Click on the Start menu and select ‘Run…’
2. Type ‘regedit’ in the Run… dialogue box that opens and then click ‘OK’.
3. Registry Editor opens. In the tree structure that appears in the left panel, move to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Microsoft -> Office -> 11.0 –> Delivery
4. Under ‘Delivery’ folder, you will have a directory. Select that directory. You will be able to see 4 registry values in the right panel of your window. You can observe that the data value of ‘CDCache’ is 2, which is the main culprit, because of which you face the sku011.cab file missing alert.
5. Select the ‘CDCache’ and right click on it and select ‘Modify’.
6. Change the value in the ‘Value data’ to ‘0’ (zero) and the click ‘OK’.
7. This will update your registry value of ‘CDCache’ to 0 as seen below.
8. This completes the process. Now close all the open windows and try opening any Microsoft Excel sheet. It will open without any issues.