Rectifying Error ‘Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check’ of MS Outlook
Are you getting below mentioned error message when trying to download an email or when trying to delete an email form your MS Outlook:
“File path\filename.pst could not be accessed. Data error. Cyclic redundancy check.”
Before rectifying this error message, let us first see the reason responsible for encountering this issue.
Very prominent cause responsible for this issue is corruption of PST file. The PST file gets corrupt due to any of the below mentioned reasons:
- Large size
- Abrupt system shut down while Outlook is running
- Improper Outlook shut down
- File system errors
To resolve this issue, Microsoft recommends, checking your hard disk for errors and then regenerating your PST file. Follow the below mentioned steps to do the same:
Check Hard Disk for Errors:
- Go to Start>Run and type cmd and press Enter.
- The command prompt opens, type chkdsk/f on it and press Enter.
**Note: If you receive a message similar to the following:
The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.
Then chkdsk cannot run as the volume is being used by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts. (Y/N)
- Press Y, Enter, and then restart your computer.
- When chkdks stops, close command prompt.
- Then start Outlook and if the problem persists even after this then go to next step.
Recreate your PST file:
- Start Windows Explorer after Quitting Outlook.
- Make backup copy of your Outlook PST file.
- Now rename the Outlook PST file to Old.pst
- Use Outlook’s Inbox Repair tool that is scanpst.exe to repair Old.pst file.
- Create new PST file and import data from Old.pst file to this new PST file.
- After this, you may see two personal folders in your MS Outlook Folder List. Right click to the one that represents the original Outlook PST file and then on the shortcut menu click Close.
If you are still getting the error message or problem is not resolved even after following the above mentioned resolution steps then opting for efficient third-party Outlook PST repair software is recommended. One of the awards winning and highly appreciated software for this category is Stellar Phoenix PST Recoverysoftware.
The software repairs corrupt or inaccessible Outlook PST file and recovers all your precious data saved on them. Moreover, the software supports selective recovery of Outlook folders, saves the PST file at your desired location, and even recovers your deleted emails. With all these features, the software is designed for MS Outlook 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000 and is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, Server2003, XP, and 2000.