How To Unfreeze or Reset an iPod
How to reset iPod is a very common question that everybody ask. These days iPods are very common and many people are having at least one of it. So it is very obvious that there might be some problem and you need a solution for it. So here I will describe the procedure to reset or unfreeze your iPod, may it be iPod Touch, Classic, Shuffle or the Nano one.
How To Reset iPod Touch?
For resetting the iPod touch press and hold the sleep/power button and home button simultaneously till you get the apple logo. Below image describes it better. Even the video on YouTube describes it clearly.
How to Reset iPod Nano 6th Generation
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Volume Down button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears.You may need to press it for at least 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
*If this did not work connect your iPod nano to power source and try the above step and it will reset.
How to Reset iPod Nano (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th Generation)
1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears,it takes about 6 to 8 seconds.
Note: If the above step did not work try the procedure with connecting your iPod nano to power source.
How To Reset iPod Shuffle
Resetting method for iPod shuffle of different generation is different. So please follow the procedure properly for your generation of iPod.
- Disconnect iPod shuffle from the computer (if connected).
- Move the switch on the iPod shuffle to the OFF position. Note that when iPod shuffle is off, the green stripe by the switch is not visible.
- Wait for 5-6 seconds. For iPod shuffle (3rd and 4th generation), wait 10 seconds.
- Move the switch to the play in order or the shuffle position. The green stripe will be visible in either position. For iPod shuffle (2nd and 4th generation), slide the power switch on (and you can see the green stripe).
How To Reset iPod Classic
- Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
- Now press and hold the Menu and Select buttons about 6 to 10 seconds or until the Apple logo appears. Repeating of this step may be required.
That’s all about the process of unfreezing or resetting the iPod of different generations. Remembering these steps will help you in resetting your iPod instantly.