Restore Windows System From Command Line
Most of us at some point of time might have affected by computer virus, malware, Trojan etc. Sometimes these viruses block antivirus and recovery tools; in that case restoring Windows system becomes difficult. If your computer is affected with virus it may not load correctly due to corrupted system files. Situation become worst when you are unable to restore to an earlier restore point from the user interface. If you are in the same situation you can try to Restore Windows System from command line. If by any means you can login to your command prompt then there are chances that you could restore your system.
In this article I will explain how you can restore a Windows system from command line in the safe mode. This trick works in all version of MS Windows.
Steps to Restore Windows System from Command line
1. First of all restart your system and during the boot process press F8 to enter into Windows Safe Mode.
2. Select the Safe Mode With Command Prompt option from the boot menu.
3. If multiple OS are installed then select the OS which is infected and then select your account and enter the password.
4. After successful login you can see a command prompt.
5. For Windows XP type the below command and hit enter:
For Windows-7 type the below command and hit enter:
6. Now a system restore UI will open and here select the option “Restore my computer to an earlier time” then click on Next button.
7. Now select the date to which you want to restore your windows system and click next button.
8. Now your system is restored to the desired date. Enjoy!
So this is the process to Restore Windows System from command line. However to enjoy this process you should have enabled windows system restore service earlier.