Share Your Whole Desktop With Others Over Internet
Many times you may have come across situations where you need to share your computer desktop online with a technical person to solve the problem, mostly you might have seen this one at your office. This is generally called desktop sharing and it is very convenient to use rather than going to the client side and solving the problem. Desktop sharing is one of the major parts in online meetings or conferences. But to share the desktop your organization has purchased software and services from some third party vendors which cost a lot. But what would you do if you need to share your personal laptop with someone at home. Yes there is a solution for that Teamviewer.
Teamviewer is a free tool that can be easily used to share your desktop. With just simple clicks you can share your desktop and can also give the control to someone else over the internet even without passing the IP details to them. So here we will se how to share desktop using Teamviewer.
How to share Desktop easily over Internet
1. First of all download Teamviewer and run the setup program, it will give you two options, either install it on your system or use is as a standalone application (No installation)
2. Now start Teamviewer and once started you can see a unique ID and a password on the left hand side of the screen, copy and save these for further use.
3. The person with whom you want to share the desktop, has to install Teamviewer on the system. Once it is confirmed that the person has installed the Teamviewer you need to share the unique ID and the password with the person. The person needs to start Teamviewer and connect by entering your ID in the partner field, now Teamviewer will ask for the password and the person has to enter the password shared by you. Now the person will be able to see your desktop.
You can also use the Teamviewer to transfer files to a remote system enabled with Teamviewer. Teamviewer is free and very good to use for online demo, presentation etc.
Why should you use Teamviewer?
1. It is completely free and easy to use. Instant setup and secure to use.
2. Like other desktop sharing software where you require sharing IP, Teamviewer does not require any IP sharing; it is very easy to use like a plug and play device.
3. You can run it as standalone application and no need to install even.
4. It is available for many platforms, Windows, Mac, Linux etc.