Tips To Maintain Your Laptop Efficiently
Because laptops are portable they are more likely to be exposed to harmful materials and situations like: Dirt and Contamination, Spills, Wear and Tear, Drops, Excessive heat or Cold, Excessive moisture. So you should schedule preventive maintenance at regular intervals to keep your laptop running properly. Here are some of the ‘should do’ and ‘should not do’ points while using laptop which will keep your laptop long live.
How to maintain your laptop properly
1. Do not put your running laptop on soft surface like bed, foam chair, carpet etc. as it will block the flow of the hot air at the bottom of the laptop and will cause over heating and this may lead to severe accidents also.
Do: Always keep your running laptop on a hard and even surface so that hot air coming out of bottom of laptop can pass easily.
2. Do not leave your laptop on floor unattended, your kid or any other person step on it and break it.
Do: Always keep your laptop inside the laptop bag and put the bag at a safe place which is out of reach of the children.
3. Do not put any objects on the laptop keyboard as it may damage your laptop screen if you close the screen without noticing the object. One of my friend suffered from the same issue with his new Dell laptop when he closed the laptop screen and after that found the bike keys on the keyboard. His laptop LCD screen was damaged. But you do not do the same mistake.
4. Use only branded laptop bags to carry your laptop to avoid any kind of damages due to drop down or any other scratches. Laptop bags are specially designed to carry laptop and it prevents your laptop from external damages.
5. Do not put a drink around the laptop; if it falls on the keyboard it may completely damage your laptop.
6. Do not try to disassemble your laptop without proper knowledge or experience. Laptop contains very tiny parts and it is not like a radio or tape recorder that can be a assembled by anybody.
7. Do not put your laptop near hot areas; avoid keeping your laptop in the sun for long time.
8. Always check that your electrical earthing is proper or else it may damage your battery charger and laptop.
9. Ensure complete shutdown of your laptop before putting it into the laptop bag. Always check that your laptop is completely off and there it is not in on state before putting into the bag. If by chance your laptop is not properly off then inside the bag it will produce too much heat and will cause severe accident.
10. Using cooling pad while using laptop is also a good option to reduce heat.
11. Put some silica bags inside your laptop bag. Silica bags will soak moisture from the laptop and keep your laptop out of moisture.
12. Do clean your laptop’s exterior and keyboard on regular basis. While cleaning laptop do not use harsh cleaners and solutions containing ammonia. Use very soft and gentle cloth to clean your laptop screen.
13. Before cleaning your laptop shut it down properly and remove power cable, if possible remove the battery also.