Top 5 WordPress Plugins for Push Notifications
Have you noticed the web push notifications used on popular websites like Facebook? If you have noticed it then you must be thinking what are these? Well, Web Push Notifications are messages or information that are pushed to your web browser from the web server. You get these push notifications on your desktop browser or mobile device even when you don’t browse that website. These days’ push notification is a very hot trend in marketing as you can push your messages to your user without knowing their email address or any other details of the user. These notifications are simple alert messages that informs you about the latest changes or updates from the platform that you signed up for.
Push notifications for WordPress enable you to notify your subscribers, via a message, of new events occurring on your site. An example of an event could be a new post being published or an old post being updated. The most important part is the notification can be displayed to the user even when they are not actually on your site. Push Notifications for WordPress makes a great way of staying in touch with your user base.
Though WordPress does not push notifications by itself but by using third party plugins and external services push notifications in WordPress can be achieved. So here we are going to list out top 5 WordPress push notification Plugins that you can use on your WordPress powered sites.
Recommended Articles for You
- Best WordPress Cache Plugins From Our Experience
- 12 Must Use WordPress Plugins to Enhance Performance
List of WordPress Push Notification Plugins
Before going to list out the push notification plugins, let me clarify that I have listed them per their popularity, feature and ease of use. There is no hard and fast rule to use a specific plugin, you can select any of these plugins depending on your choice.
OneSignal is a push notification plugin for WordPress that supports Chrome (Desktop & Android), Safari and Firefox browser on both http and https protocols. OneSignal is free and most popular push notification as of now n WordPress.org in the push notification category. It has got 4.6 out of 5 rating on WordPress.org with more than 10000+ active installations. It supports the below features and all of them are free of cost.
- Supports Chrome (Desktop & Android), Safari (Mac OS X), and Firefox (Desktop) on both HTTP and HTTPS sites.
- Automatic Notifications – Send notifications to followers every time you publish a new post. Or set up a reminder that gets automatically sent to them if they haven’t visited for a few days.
- Targeting Segments – Send notifications to specific visitors based on language, number of times they’ve visited your blog, or even set up your own user attributes that you can target.
- Opt-In Customization – Choose when and how to ask your visitors to opt-in to browser notifications. Customize the prompt they first see.
- Real Time Analytics – See your notifications being delivered in real time, and watch them as they convert into visitors.
- A/B Testing – Try out different messages to a smaller set of your visitors to figure out which messages are more effective and then send the more effective message to the rest of your visitors!
- Scheduled Notifications – Schedule notifications to be delivered in the future, based on a user’s time zone, or even based on the same time of day they last visited your website.
PushCrew is another popular push notification plugin for WordPress having more than 5000 active installations and 5 out of 5-star rating on WordPress.org. PushCrew is easy to install and configure. You just have to create a free account on PushCrew website and copy the account id in your WordPress setting. It supports almost all major browsers and supports mobile devices as well.
3. Push Notifications for WordPress (Lite)
You can send push notifications to iOS, Android, and Fire OS devices when you publish a new post right from your WordPress site, in real-time. This plugin has a built-in hub, allowing WordPress to send out the push notifications directly—without using any third-party’s server. This plugin has more than 1000+ active installations and has got 4.6 out of 5-star rating.
The premium version of this plugin also support for desktop version of Chrome, Safari and Firefox browser.
Pushed Push Notifications plugin allows you to send push notifications to iOs, Android and Desktop devices every time you publish a new post or update a post from your WordPress blog. With more than 200+ active installations this plugin has got 4 out of 5 star on WordPress.org site.
5. Push Monkey
PushMonkey is another push notification plugin that is slowly gaining popularity. It supports Chrome, Safari and Firefox browser. It lets you directly send push notifications to the user’s desktop when a new content is published from your website.
Push notification is the hot trend in the market and you should take complete advantage of it to promote your site and engage your visitors and customers.
Recommended: Personally, I would like to recommend OneSignal plugin for use on your WordPress powered blog/site.